Friday, September 18, 2009

Family Band (re)Unite


I've been struggling for the past few days with what to write about. I seem to have run the gambit of money woes and noise problems to the point the even I'm tired of it.

The simple thing that I am thankful for today is my family. I haven't seen most of them since Christmas 2008. I surprised my mom and dad for the holidays, but my sister and cousins were in on it. We call ourselves The Family Band. Said Band is made up of me, April, Casey, Leah, and Whit. We're very close and enjoy spending time with each other very much. The times spent together however are few and far between.

Casey sent me a text a couple of days ago to inform me that Leah had booked a flight to Nashville for the weekend of October 16-18. She asked if I might be able to do the same. With finagling days off from work and flight costs, I wasn't sure, but I was certainly willing to look into it.

The next morning I booked a flight myself. I have a fantastic boss willing to work with me on taking a weekend off and the price was good for the flight.

I'm looking so forward to the warm embrace that is this relationship the five of us share.

Bring on the Fall. Bring on the laughter. Bring on the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment