Saturday, March 13, 2010

I Spy

I spy on you
You spy on me
We'll tell big brother what we see.
There is no trust in working this way.
Comfortability has gone astray.

Is me on edge what you crave?
Not to smile must make me brave.
I feel uneasy;
A sense of foreboding.
Happiness eludes me now.
I fear another scolding.

Keep watching.
I'll keep trying
To make the chief proud I swear.
Just remember to practice what you preach
Otherwise your reprimand isn't fair.

Actions speak louder than any word you can say.
Remember, I can also see what you do,
How you act,
Hear what you say,
Any day!

My memory is long,
But I am strong
Gaining my trust is hard.
Using someone else's words against me,
Means I shan't let down my guard

I'm not toxic!
I'm not malignant!
I'm bursting with life.
I made my decision after thinking it through.
I'm sorry it wasn't the right choice for you.

I can smile.
I can be nice.
But I wear my heart on my sleeve.
It's hard to hide my feelings.
I am not naive.

I'll keep things to myself.
Make sure my life is my own.
Nothing to use against me
Nothing to make you roll your eyes
Nothing to make you groan.

I spy on you
You spy on me
We'll tell big brother what we see.

No comments:

Post a Comment