Tuesday, December 15, 2009

MTA Down, Feet it is!

Yesterday I decided to get off my butt and do some things I've been needing to do. That included buying groceries ($102) and washing the dishes. I have been staring at those dishes for about two weeks. Now don't get all judgmental on me. They were completely rinsed. There was no food caked and dried on them. My friend Michael, upon hearing of my dirty dishes on Sunday night, exclaimed, "That's gross!" It wasn't really gross. It was annoying and took up what little space of a counter I have. Anyway, the groceries got purchased and the dishes got washed, dried, and put away. The bathroom got cleaned. The clothes got folded and put away. I caught up on a couple of weeks worth of "Ugly Betty" and watched the brilliant, mind-blowing season 4 finale of "Dexter." Most important might actually be that I finally went to the eye doctor. It was more than a year overdue. I got an exam, ordered a year supply of contacts, and ordered new glasses. Yippy kai yay!

I decided to take myself to the movies yet again last night. I seem to have had a rediscovery of going to the movies in the last few weeks. It is Oscar season after all. However, last year I saw hardly anything. This year I'm so into it that I've got two lists and I'm checking off the viewed. Last night's mark off was "The Princess and the Frog." It wasn't the best movie ever. It didn't leave me feeling like I felt after "The Little Mermaid" or "Beauty and the Beast," but it was so much fun. My face was covered with a huge smile at the end. I managed that even though I shared the nearly empty theatre with a family of three who treated the space like their own personal living room. Gotta love the inconsiderates of the world!

After the movie, I took myself across town to the TONY Lounge for open mic night. I attempted to get on the subway at 60th & 3rd, but the gates were all closed. Interesting, since there were no signs posted. I took it in stride and headed to another entrance. Success!

Open mic proved to be much the same as always, but taking the opportunity to hang out with people that you like is always important.

I headed home after midnight. I walked the half a block to the E train, only to discover that with no signs posted, there was no E train at that stop. WTF! The MTA needs to figure out what it's doing and get it's repairs completed. Thankfully, I don't live that far across town so I decided to walk home. When I got to 5th Avenue and 50th Street I turned left and headed North toward 54th Street. I knew I would pass a few of the places I mentioned in my last blog. What better time to photograph them than at night with the lights lit and few people milling about to block the view. The pictures are not the clearest or best I've taken, but they give a small idea of how some of the stores decorate for Christmas here in NYC.

1. This is Versace.

2. This is the corner view of Cartier. This store is next to Versace.

3. This is the Fendi store. I mentioned in my last blog about the belts. This pic gives you a good idea of what they look like. Such a cute idea.

So I guess choosing to walk and taking the photos is my making lemonade out of the lemons.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous pics Michael!! Just a few more days til you're home!!

Post a Comment