Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Something's Coming

So, the boxes are mostly unpacked now. There are even a few pictures on the walls. The dishes have all been washed and placed in their living space. I've purchased a bed which will be delivered on Tuesday. Yay! I need a desk, but I'm not rushing. To paraphrase my friend Colleen, I don't have to buy everything right now. Most important is to get my mattress up off of the floor.



I am enjoying my life in Astoria. The grocery store, Trade Fair, is three blocks away. The laundromat is one block away. And maybe most important, I've found a vintner I like two blocks away. The wine glasses aren't just for show you know. More amazing than the proximity of the aforementioned businesses to my apartment...I've slept without earplugs for the past two nights. I've been sleeping with earplugs for years. I'm working very hard to believe that they are no longer necessary; that life can get back to normal. Whatever normal is. I used to be able to sleep through the loudest of thunderstorms, then I got so accustomed to the earplugs that I couldn't sleep without them. That phase of my life is coming to a quick end. Normal sleep cycles, without the help of pills or plugs, have begun.

A note about last night's plugless sleep - I dreamed I was a vampire in love with another vampire. He loved me too. For some reason though, we kept trying to fight our attraction to each other. I don't know what that was about. When left alone together, our desire for each other was overwhelming. The passion was electric in the air. I felt safe and loved and frustrated. I don't remember more than kissing him, but I do remember that we truly loved each other. Why was it so forbidden? Maybe he will revisit me in a dream soon and I'll ask him.

So, for now a new chapter in my life is underway. I'm happier than I've been in years. Maybe the dream was showing me that the next chapter includes somebody to love?

Could be!
Who knows?
There's something due any day;
I will know right away,
Soon as it shows.
It may come cannonballing down through the sky,
Gleam in its eye,
Bright as a rose!

Who knows?
It's only just out of reach,
Down the block, on a beach,
Under a tree.
I got a feeling there's a miracle due,
Gonna come true,
Coming to me!

Could it be? Yes, it could.
Something's coming, something good,
If I can wait!
Something's coming, I don't know what it is,
But it is
Gonna be great!

With a click, with a shock,
Phone'll jingle, door'll knock,
Open the latch!
Something's coming, don't know when, but it's soon;
Catch the moon,
One-handed catch!

Around the corner,
Or whistling down the river,
Come on, deliver
To me!
Will it be? Yes, it will.
Maybe just by holding still,
It'll be there!

Come on, something, come on in, don't be shy,
Meet a guy,
Pull up a chair!
The air is humming,
And something great is coming!
Who knows?
It's only just out of reach,
Down the block, on a beach,
Maybe tonight . . .

1 comment:

Anna M. said...

I am so happy that you are finally on the way to life without earplugs! I think its fantastic that you made the move out here. It really is a beautiful little home away from home (our lovely maiden Manhattan). Love you friend!

Post a Comment