Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Really, An Animal?

I am so frustrated today. So angry. So sad. So fascinated!

I am so tired of the people who live in fear of something that they don't understand and don't take the time to understand. People who just accept what their church leaders or political leaders tell them without questioning their own beliefs.

When are people going to stop equating same-sex marriage with utterly ridiculous things that they pull out of their asses. How do you make the leap that if I, Michael Rohrer, want to marry a man, a man that I love, it will open a Pandora's Box that one day allows men to marry their dog, cat, or horse? That leap is the most stupid justification for being against same-sex marriage I have ever heard.

I have a straight friend in my life with two divorces under his belt and a third marriage pending.

I have a gay friend who just celebrated his sixth anniversary with the man he loves. Legally married, thank you Massachusetts. They are the most normal of couples. They show affection, they pay their mortgage, they argue, they buy groceries, they clean their house.

I think it's about sex. We are hung up on the sex act in this country. There is a perception that homosexuals are just consuming debaucherous amounts of alcohol and having raunchy, promiscuous sex. Well, you know what, some homosexuals do, but not all of us. And here's a spot on your pretty, unblemished idea; some heterosexuals do to. There are many people in this world, gay and straight, who experiment with sodomy, fellatio, cunnilingus, drugs, alcohol, fetishes, etc. Wake up people. Do you really know your neighbor's or friend's bedroom habits? No! Nor should you.

When are we, the people, going to realize that homosexuality is not a choice? I'm very proud of who I am. I wish I had more courage, but I'm proud nonetheless. However, do you think, given the choice, I would have chosen to be gay? Why would I choose to live a life surrounded by so much hate? My life is my life. I was born with it. I carve out my path daily, yearly, as I grow and learn more.

I'm not crazy. I don't need to be cured. I can't, nor can any other homosexual, recruit your child. I was not recruited. I grew up in a loving, church-going, home with parents who still love me. I wasn't molested. I felt my attraction to the same sex when I was still in the single digits. I don't want to have a relationship with an animal. And contrary to what some men think, just because you have a dick doesn't mean I want to sleep with you. Get over yourself. I am a normal man, a human being, an American, just living my life and hoping to meet the right man and fall in love. And guess what, I believe God made me this way. "Created in his image." And I believe God loves me. After all, isn't God love? I don't know the God who the people, holding the signs, that say "GOD HATES FAGS" worship. I thought hate was a sin and that God and Jesus were sin free.

Relationships are about so much more than sex. I want to know what there is to fear if two men, that you don't even know, have never met, or will ever meet, love each and want to get married? How does it affect your life? Your marriage doesn't affect mine.

Give peace a chance. Give love a chance. Start thinking for yourselves. Wake up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment