Sunday, September 6, 2015

Départ pour Paris

It still feels unreal. Even as I sit in terminal 1 in JFK airport at gate 3 amidst all the people who will be on my flight. I am flying to Paris. It's already Monday there. But for me Sunday night will give way to Monday morning in a matter of hours and I will be on the ground in France before 1pm (CEST).

This trip has been a long time in the dreaming and wishing but a short time in the reality of its actualization. Almost two weeks ago to the hour of departure I booked the trip. And now the time is here. That didn't give me too much time to anticipate, but enough time for the emotions of fear and excitement to duke it out for the top spot in my chest and in the pit of my stomach. 

I still can't believe this is happening. I can't believe I booked the trip. I can't believe I'm going to Paris. I can't believe I'm going to Paris...alone. These are the thoughts that run through my head as the Air France attendant begins pre-boarding my flight with infants and the rest who get to pre-board. 

A sense of peace washes over me...occasionally. This is happening. When the sun rises in America tomorrow I will be in France, probably in a car on my way to my hotel. 

Bonjour!

No comments:

Post a Comment