Monday, August 17, 2009

Dirty ~ High






Today started like any other. Wake up, put the coffee on, watch backlog of television while drinking coffee, gym.

After that though, the day took a turn toward the fantastic!

I went to the Museum of Sex. According to newyorkpass.com, "The mission of the Museum of Sex is to preserve and present the history, evolution and cultural significance of human sexuality. Through its exhibitions, lectures and publications, the Museum of Sex is committed to open discourse and exchange."

The first floor was all about animals. Some animals have regular heterosexual sex and some animals have both hetero- and homosexual sex. It's not an issue. It just is what it is. I watched primates have sex. Crazy sex. I saw Zebra, Turtle, Elephant, Rhinoceros, and Dolphin penises. I saw many penises from the animal kingdom actually. Some of the penis-like appendages actually belonged to the females. Some of the creatures actually have genitalia of both genders and some actually switch genders during the course of their lives. It was a very enlightening experience with a little Darwin thrown in for the evolution contingent.

The second floor was all about us - the humans. The exhibit starts off with a bang by showing pictures and printed blurbs from interviews with people who invented or use sex machines. A mechanical machine with a dildo attached to use for your pleasure. I saw pictures of a pre- then post-op transexual. I read the story of how she just didn't feel like a man and how she could finally relax after the surgery because she felt whole and normal. She spoke of feeling like she had just been born in the wrong body. She just wanted to live the life she felt was supposed to be hers from the start. There were 1950's sex education videos playing, metal Ramses condom cases, and books for men and women on how to perform oral sex. There was a small yet terrific black and white photography set displaying outdoor sex, explicit vintage sex, french postcards, male physique, burlesque and pin-ups. Then I turned the corner to find Anime - Japanese animation. Of course it was X-rated animation both hetero- and homosexual. I put my bag down on the bench next to me and sat down to watch for a while. Somehow I even tuned out the laughter of people younger than I who obviously were a little embarrassed. I moved on to robot sex and the birth of robot children after that. Who has time to come up with all of this? Robot children? It was a little freaky. There were life size "real" dolls for both men and women. As if robot sex wasn't kinky enough, I found myself in front of a female latex body suit and a video of someone wearing it and the words above it announcing to me that I had stepped in front of the kink section. Medical fetishes, pony fetishes, cannibal fetishes, BDSM. It was all there and represented with costumes or toys or videos. There were dildo's, anal beads, horse hair whips, cock rings, and paddles. The final thing to the exhibit and something I found very interesting was the Condoment set. Yes it's spelled correctly. It was salt and pepper shakers formed from inflated condoms that produced one-of-a-kind, unique shapes. I'm not sure what it would be like to offer that up to mom and dad, but it sure was original.

After stepping back into reality I decided to take the train across town and hang out for a while at The High Line. The High Line is a 1.45-mile section of the former elevated freight railroad of the West Side Line, along the lower west side of Manhattan, which has been redesigned and planted as a greenway. Check out Wikipedia.org for more information. It is a beautiful new addition to the parks of NYC. There are benches and chaise lounges along with wild flowers and sunshine. It is a perfect place to read a book, listen to music, write in your journal, or have a conversation with friends. The perfect place to de-stress your life.

Today was interesting, informative, and beautiful. I finished it by meeting friends for dinner and drinks with lots of laughter thrown in the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment